Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig

We had a blast in Buffalo; I always enjoy going home.

Great friends, some of the best food in the country and the constant voices of the gulls. What isn't to love? Those people that make fun of Buffalo, have never been there. Okay, I'll give you the weather jokes, but at least they don't have hurricanes and tornado's.



I had been craving a real fish fry for weeks and I wasn't disappointed in the little place mom ordered from... I only wish I knew the name of the joint, but it's some little bar in Kaiser Town. If you know Buffalo, you already know where she got it from, I'm sure. Everyone gets their Lent fish fry form this little place. Even wasps like us.




My kids and I had a day with an old friend. We had 15 years, 2 husbands, 4 kids, too many pets and what seemed to be a lifetime in no time to catch up on. That was the ultimate in fun and we plan od doing the same here in Kent soon. Yay!




I have the pleasure of making my mom a watch. She and Dad have their 50th class reunion coming up and she wants something pretty to match her dress. Which is a size M, I might add. Go Mom, she looks H-O-T for a Granny. What is the bonus of making my mom a watch? Bead shopping, of course! I bought myself a few trinkets to add to the collection and a few charms to add to my "mama bracelet" as well. I love buying in a shop where I can feel the beads and I don't have a shop near me anymore. the drawback to buying in a shop is that I overspend; maybe it's for the best that I don't have a shop close by. But don't you love the pearls? And the dyed quartz was too pretty to pass up.




For all of the fun we had and Husband did get rest he hasn't had since the kids and I have been back. I am so glad to be home!

No comments: