Thursday, February 26, 2009

Meet Dulcie


I come from a long line of lace makers, poets, painters. Women that found beauty in the most difficult and unusual of circumstances. But there is one woman that took me by the hand and led me to a path of imagination and creativity in a way that no other could possibly do.

I would like to introduce my grandmother, Dulcie to you. She was the brilliantly talented woman I have named my shop, Dulcie's Daughters, after. She was a poet, painter and master gardener ; she was a true Renaissance Woman in every way. Her sense of adventure led her to go against tradition and earn her medical degree in a University where only 3 women were enrolled. Her talent earned her publication and acclaim; her grace earned her friendships throughout the world. And through my sister and me, she insured that the creativity flowing though our bodies was never lost to us.

No comments: